The USDOT identifies top 2019 Management Challenges. Aviation related challenges include:
• Air carrier oversight. Key focus areas: identifying and mitigating risks and balancing collaboration and enforcement.
• Aviation safety and security. Key focus areas: runway safety, aircraft evacuation, integration of Unmanned Aircraft Systems, cockpit security, and drug and alcohol testing.
• National Airspace System modernization. Key focus areas: new flight routes, new capabilities for airspace users, implementation of a new radar system, and oversight of developmental funding.
• Cybersecurity. Key focus areas: risk management, prevention and response to security incidents, information technology infrastructure, and aviation cybersecurity.
• Acquisition and grant oversight. Key focus areas: innovative acquisition practices; agency oversight of assets, contracts, and grants; and public-private partnerships.
For the full story follow this link: USDOT TOP ISSUES